We're looking for BOARD TRUSTEES
Lung Ha Theatre Company is seeking to appoint new Trustees to join their Board. The Company is looking for committed individuals to expand the range of Trustee skills as well as to consolidate existing skills. We require dynamic and motivated people who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of Lung Ha Theatre Company to fulfil these voluntary duties. This position provides an opportunity to volunteer for a charity in a unique way, whilst gaining an insight into how theatre companies are governed.
To read more about Lung Ha Theatre Company please visit www.lungha.com/about-us
We are looking for people with:
- An understanding of and interest in the aims and objectives of Lung Ha
- An understanding of and/or passion for theatre and the wider artistic and cultural landscape.
- Calm and confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in diversity, equality and inclusion
- Ability to make rational and realistic decisions based on consideration of all the facts and information available
- Willingness to contribute relevant professional experience to the work of the Board.
We welcome all interest but are particularly keen to recruit people who could bring knowledge and expertise to the Board in the following areas:
- Learning disability support services
- Legal and governance;
- Fundraising and development.
Trustees will be expected to:
- attend Board meetings in the City Centre of Edinburgh (approximately four times per year) and periodic planning/strategy sessions;
- contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis; and
- attend the Company’s events and performances.
All Trustees volunteer their time to the charity and the role is unpaid.
Interested? Get in touch!
It is not essential to have previous experience as a Trustee to apply.
If you would like an informal chat about joining the Board please contact us.
Please email your current CV and an accompanying statement describing why you are interested in the role to email@example.com or by post to Lung Ha Theatre Company, 30b Grindlay Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9AX.