JOIN LUNG HA THEATRE COMPANY AS COMPANY ADMINISTRATOR
We're looking for a part-time Company Administrator!
To support the work of the Artistic Director and Company Manager on a day-to-day and strategic basis.
To ensure that the company’s Administration office functions efficiently.
To oversee and ensure effective communication with: Performers, the Company Support Worker and the Volunteer Drama Support Team. To include preparing and distributing ‘support needs’ forms, registration and emergency contact forms, performer contracts, informing Performers (and their responsible person(s)), and the Support Team of working schedules, workshop and outreach activities; together with any other events that may require performer and / or Support Team participation.
Please see below for full person and job specification.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 24 September. To apply please email your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Lung Ha Theatre Company, 30b Grindlay Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9AX.
Lung Ha Theatre Company (LHTC)
Part time - 20 hours per week
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Key tasks, responsibilities and working relationships:
- Working closely with the Company Support Worker the Administrator will oversee the recruitment, induction and training of Volunteer Drama Support Staff.
- The Administrator will work closely with the Artistic Director to ensure an accurate schedule of all company activity is maintained - aiming to avoid timetable clashes and to enable the company to support a sustainable level of outreach / creative learning activity.
- To attend performances, workshops, rehearsals, events and other activities as required. The Administrator should be a visible and well-known member of the staff team - in particular to the performers. The Administrator should attend the Tuesday evening rehearsal sessions.
- To support the Company Manager in the planning, marketing and promotion of LHTC production and workshop activity. This will include scheduling workshop and outreach activity and may also include visiting venues in advance to ensure suitability. To book rehearsal and other space as required. To ensure that all space used by the company is fully accessible and appropriate for the company’s work.
- Liaising, and working with, LHTC’s Fundraiser to generate income from trusts and foundations and private business and other sources - to set and achieve annual income targets in agreement with the Fundraiser and Company Manager. Added to this, the Administrator is, working with the Fundraiser, responsible for ensuring that all applicable “conditions” of grants documentation required is completed in good time.
- Working with the Company Support Worker to ensure all staff working with LHTC are disclosed to ‘PVG’ level (under the ‘Disclosure Scotland Act’) and are suitable for work with Adults at Risk. The Administrator will ensure that all employees and volunteers working with company are given, and follow, the company’s policy on working with Adults at Risk. The Administrator will ensure that all LHTC policies are kept up to date and comply with relevant legislation.
- To help keep the company’s website dynamic, energetic, contemporary, fresh, up to date and reflective of the company’s, and the performers’, ongoing work. To include ensuring performers are fully engaged with, and contributing, to the company’s website, social media and other online activity - this work will be in association with the communications company Corner Shop PR.
- To attend Board meetings as minute taker. The Administrator is responsible for ensuring timeous distribution of Board papers in advance of, and following, Board Meetings. The Administrator is then responsible for ensuring that Board papers are filed appropriately and as required by Company and Charity law; along with ensuring that key stakeholders such as ‘Creative Scotland’ and the ‘City of Edinburgh Council’ are invited to Board Meetings.
- To represent the company at various functions, receptions, training, professional development, and other events and opportunities as required.
- Working with the Company Support Worker to oversee the Volunteer Drama Support Team. To be the main point of contact for the Company Support Worker with particular regard to the communication, and actioning, of areas that may require follow up communication.
- To help support and develop the company’s business plan, expenditure and income targets together with its long-term strategic and artistic objectives and be fully engaged with, and a full contributor to, the ongoing development of LHTC. In a small staff team the Administrator is an integral part of the company’s strategic planning.
- To collect and record equalities data from those involved in the company’s work (to include audiences). To support, and help deliver, the company’s ‘Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion’ and ‘Environmental’ actions plans; to be the Green Champion for LHTC, to support the company as it aims to minimise the environmental impact of its work.
- To oversee logistical requirements around productions - to include transport, accommodation and catering and to be involved in setting up, coordinating and overseeing creative learning opportunities.
- Any other duties as would be considered appropriate for the post of Administrator.
- A proven track record / interest in theatre and the arts.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be organised, strategic, a multi-tasker.
- To be open, optimistic and willing to learn - from yourself and from others.
- The Administrator will be disclosed under the ‘Disclosure Scotland Act’ to ‘PVG’ level prior to their appointment; appointment to the post will be conditional on LHTC receiving a ‘PVG’ registration that does not preclude the applicant from working with Adults at Risk.
- An interest in creating new opportunities and furthering the reach of creative work by artists with a learning disability.
- An ability to put others first, to be patient, supportive, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, committed and professional.
- Experience of working with IT and online communications systems and social media.
- Knowledge of writing applications for funding and investment.
- Previous office administration experience.
- To enjoy working as part of a team - including volunteer staff.
Applicants must also enjoy working with a large group of people and be someone who is prepared to “muck-in” and help out when and where necessary. There will also be many times when the Administrator will need to be able to work on their own initiative.
The staff team at LHTC is a small one, thus the Administrator is integral to the ongoing success of the organisation. The post of Administrator at LHTC offers a unique opportunity to work with a theatre company that is Scotland’s leading theatre company for adults with learning disabilities.
Annual Salary on a pro-rata basis: £19,760
The above figure is based on an hourly rate of £9.50 for a twenty-hour working week, salary: £9,880.
*Please note that around production times hours of work may increase - extra hours work will be paid at the hourly rate as shown above - additional hours worked will not be accumulated as time off in lieu.
The schedule of work for the Administrator is: (though some flexibility may be required on occasion):
Monday: 10.00am to 6.00pm
Tuesday: 1.00pm to 7.00pm (to include one hour at Tuesday evening company rehearsals) and
Wednesday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
Lung Ha Theatre Company is the leading theatre company for people with a learning disability in Scotland, and with a growing reputation internationally.
Company Number: SC131622
Charity Number: SCO17635
Application is through submission of a CV and covering letter, the deadline for which is 5pm on Monday the 24th of September 2018. Applications should be made to:
Post or in person to:
Lung Ha Theatre Company
30b Grindlay Street