We use three kinds of cookies on this website:
1) Those that help the running of our website, such as the user’s cookie consent or the cookie that allows us to alert you when a form has been filled in wrong. (PHPSESSID, CONSENT)
2) Those used by Google Analytics to allow us to improve the user experience, these let us know how long you have spent on the website, how you have used it and whether you reuse it at a later date via the creation of an anonymous ID. ( _gid, _ga, _gat)
3) Those used by Google DoubleClick to improve its targeted advertising throughout a Google Account on multiple devices. (cto_lwid, IDE, DSID)
The cookies that we use are meant to ensure that you receive a personal and efficient experience on the website, however you may choose to disable them. The quickest way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
With embedded content such as YouTube videos, there may be cookies sent to your machine from outside sources. Please check the source's Cookies Policy for details.
We use a marketing platform called Mailchimp to share news with our subscribers. We only share the newsletter with users who have actively chose to receive information from us, i.e. have provided us with their first and last name and email address. Mailchimp offers statistical information about clicks and opening of the email to help us monitor and improve our performance. You can remove yourself from our mailing list at any point by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by emailing email@example.com.
We do not trade or share this information with other organisations.
When you visit our website, a third-party service called Google Analytics collects standard visitor information, e.g. the length of your stay on your site. The data is and always remains completely anonymous.
On a regular basis Lung Ha Theatre Company is required, by statutory agreement, to share statistical data with certain of its key funders, e.g. Creative Scotland. All the statistical data shared with partners is done so anonymously.
Shared data can include information in regard to audiences’ numbers and their demographics.
Lung Ha Theatre Company (LHTC) is committed to minimising its carbon footprint as much as possible in all aspects of its work: productions; adminstration or outreach. To do this, LHTC has committed to the following points:
- Being a member and abiding by the regulations of Creative Carbon Scotland’s Creative Carbon Initiative.
- Monitoring all journeys (distance, mode of transport) made by staff, permanent and freelancers, on LHTC business, excluding commuting to work.
- Collating data of journeys made monthly, to give an idea of LHTC’s annual carbon footprint.
- Encouraging the use of public transport where ever possible.
- Encouraging all permanent staff members to travel to work in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Investing in more electronic ways of communicating to reduce paper usage.
- Recycling all set and costumes when shows have finished, where possible.
- Investigating electronic ways of providing information to marketing teams, ie sending out press packs on a USB stick.
- Working with suppliers who have a good environmental policy, where possible.
- Considering the energy usage of any new electronic equipment purchased.
- Including an encouragement to recycle on any paper material printed.
- Encouraging hired freelancers to be as environmentally friendly as possible when working on productions, such as sourcing materials locally.
- Providing as environmentally friendly as possible means of transport when taking company members on tour.
- Working with venues that have a good environmental policy where possible.
LHTC will regularly review its carbon footprint as an organisation with the Board of Directors.